Do you ever get frustrated because you are unable to get a practical solution for your hair loss? Onion juice for hair might just be the answer you've been looking for. It is one of the oldest natural treatments for hair loss, thinning hair, and dandruff. Its use can help your hair's overall health and vitality in several ways.
Read on to find out why onion juice is gaining popularity as a natural solution for hair loss. Know more about the 10 amazing onion juice benefits and how to use it for maximum effect.
10 Benefits of Onion Juice on Hair
The use of onion juice has several positive effects on hair health. It's an effective approach to boosting your hair's health without using harmful chemicals. Onion benefits for hair include several results, such as making them grow faster, reducing grey hair and eliminating dandruff and lice.
Here are 10 Onion Juice Benefits for Hair:
- To Stimulate Hair Growth: Onion juice provides extra sulphur and other nutrients, stimulating hair growth and preventing hair loss. The increased blood flow and follicle stimulation promote quicker, stronger hair growth.
- To Enhance Dry, Damaged Hair: Damaged hair may get its moisture and shine back with a little assistance of micronutrients like flavonoids, such as kaempferol and quercetin, from onion juice. It aids in healing damaged hair by moisturising and nourishing the scalp.
- To Calm a Dry, Itchy Scalp: Using onion juice on dry hair might help relieve an irritated scalp. Its anti-inflammatory properties relieve itching and other scalp irritations by making the skin less red and calm.
- To Quell Dandruff: Onion juice helps prevent and treat dandruff. You can use onion juice for dandruff owing to its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, which help fight off dandruff-causing bacteria on the scalp.
- Rich in Essential Nutrients: Onion juice contains nutrients such as selenium and vitamin C. These important vitamins and minerals help strengthen hair follicles and nourish the scalp.
- Conditions Hair: Onion juice for dry hair is a natural way to make your hair smooth and shiny. Onions include a variety of chemicals that may benefit dry hair roots. Flavonoids, like kaempferol and quercetin, possess anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and vasodilatory (blood vessel widening) qualities that aid blood circulation to the hairline and scalp.
- Prevents Hair Graying: Onion juice can help keep your hair from turning grey too soon. It includes catalase, an antioxidant molecule that aids in reducing hydrogen peroxide at the roots of the hair. It keeps the hair from getting grey and protects it from oxidative stress.
- Enhances Shine and Lustre: Use onion juice for your hair's natural shine and lustre. Its natural conditioning properties help make the hair more manageable and reduce frizziness.
- Cleanses the Scalp and Removes Dandruff: Onion juice helps remove dirt, oil, and dandruff from the scalp. Some natural health experts say that onion juice is a good way to treat infections because it kills bacteria and fungi.
- Treats alopecia: Alopecia areata is a disorder that affects the hair and causes it to fall out in patches. According to research, treating alopecia and encouraging new hair growth may be accomplished by putting onion juice on the scalp twice daily.
How To Use Onion Extract for Healthy Hair?
Detailed below are the steps to use onion juice effectively and benefit your hair:
- Step 1: Combine onion extract and water in a blender to make a paste.
- Step 2: Put it on your scalp and gently massage it in circular motions.
- Step 3: Apply this paste to the scalp and let it sit for 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water. The mixture can also be used as a pre-shampoo treatment to make hair shiner and softer.
- Step 4: Do this three times a week for the best results.
When using onion juice to care for your hair, you need to be careful and take the right safety steps. Most importantly, keeping onion juice out of your eyes would be best because it can irritate them. Also, you can make the onion juice smell less potent by diluting it with water before using it.
To Sum Up
Onion juice, rich in antioxidants and minerals, has traditionally been used for hair growth. It's a great method to keep your hair healthy and prevent dandruff, and greying, which encourages more growth. Additionally, it may help calm your scalp and reduce inflammation. You can use onion juice for dandruff prevention too!
There are numerous onion benefits for hair, and you should make use of these. However, it is also important to consult a doctor to determine the right treatment for your specific hair issues.
Go ahead and add onion juice to your beauty routine to get healthier hair!
Get to the root cause of your hair fall - Speak to our top trichologist with over 15 years of experience today for FREE!