An individual can be affected by hemorrhoids when the veins in the anus and rectum swell up, making it difficult to pass stool. If a lot of pressure is applied while visiting the washroom or by squatting too much, the person can suffer from bleeding. Piles or hemorrhoids can be a very painful medical condition that needs a sexologist doctor’s consultation, care, and a lot of monitoring so that it heals well and does not recur.
In 2020, as we are all trying to avoid stepping out as much as possible, visiting a doctor over and over can also be a risk factor, hence caring for piles at home is one of the main solutions we can rely on. It is possible to reduce the inflammation and keep it at bay if we take the proper measures needed. In this blog, we will cover how you can care for hemorrhoids at home. If you are affected by piles, please visit Mojocare for effective solutions, and information about food for sexual health, treatment, and help today! In the Meantime, let’s discuss different remedies for piles care at home.
You can use the home remedies mentioned below to heal mild pain, swelling and inflammation that a case of hemorrhoids can bring about:
- High-fiber Food: Try to integrate more fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet, as fiber promotes the process of effective digestion and will help you pass stools painlessly. Fiber softens the stool and increases the volume, which in turn helps a patient avoid straining themselves with excessive pressure. Applying force when constipated can worsen your piles symptoms when there is already an underlying condition. Ensure that you add such fiber slowly to your meals so you don’t develop gas.
- Topical treatments: You can purchase any over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams or a suppository with hydrocortisone in it. Using pads with witch hazel or any numbing agent will help you sit and lie down better.
- Warm soak: While taking a warm bath with epsom salt, soak the affected region or take a sitz bath that can fit over a toilet.. Soaking your anal region for 10 to 15 minutes daily will help you relieve the pain and soothe the swollen nerves to relieve unnecessary pressure.
- Over the counter painkillers: Acetaminophen, aspirin and ibuprofen can help you relieve the discomfort you feel temporarily. Remember to not over consume such medicines if you are subject to chronic pain.
- Loose Clothing: Wear loose and breathable cotton clothing. This will help your body not feel the external pressure of fitting clothes like jeans and tights which constrict the abdomen and put pressure on your lower abdomen.
- Cold Compress: If the heat bothers you use a cold compress alternating between intervals. This will help relax the inflamed veins and nerves at the anal region and relieve you of pain.
- Aloe: Aloe or aloe vera is a natural healing herb which can be used on the fissures to help soothe them and heal quickly. Extract and apply the gel regularly to feel the effects.
With these treatments, hemorrhoid symptoms usually subside within a week. Please keep note that the aforementioned home care for piles pertains to mild cases. If you experience discomfort or bleeding that is prolonged and cannot be relieved from these remedies, please visit your doctor to come up with a proper medical course of treatment, as at times it can affect your intimacy by causing undue problems.